A few weeks ago, we got an invite in the mail for a SURPRISE Birthday Party for my little brother Chris. His b-day isn't until Dec. 27th--but he never gets a real birthday because it's so close to Christmas. So, Lacey wanted to do something really special. It was so much fun to talk to him on the phone, pretending that I wasn't going to see him until after the new year and how bummed I was that I couldn't come up to watch the big OU game. So, the kids and I packed up the car on Friday morning (Byron couldn't go--we missed him) and headed up to Oklahoma. That evening, the family and some friends gathered in the party room of the community where Mom lives and we waited. Lacey picked Chris up from work with the understanding that Chris had to close his eyes the whole way--and no peeking. I thought it was hilarious that he did--he's so honest. So, they opened the door and we all screamed "SURPRISE" and sang him Happy Birthday. It was so funny to watch the looks that came over Chris. Surprise, confusion, happiness, overcome (almost teary) all in like 20 seconds. Needless to say, we all had a great time with each other and it was fun to poke a little fun at Chris with the "Chris Test". More partyin' on Saturday with an inpromptu Putt-Putt with the cousins party for Riley's birthday. Happy Birthday Riley! And...It just happened to be the Big 12 Championship game too--so--we stayed and partied some more with the family. BOOMER SOONER!! So here's a few pics from our fun, family-and-friend-filled weekend. Enjoy!
Friday, December 12, 2008
SURPRISE Weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
How Fun. I'm so glad that you were able to go. Lacey really appreciated all your help and said how well it turned out. Cute pics too!
I'm finally on here...been a while. Thanks for your help with the set up of the parte'! It was awesome. Chris was surprised to say the least!
Of course you can!! I love it.
Post a Comment