Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm back...Just in time for SNOW!!!!

SNOW DAY 2010!!


We woke up this morning to snow flakes the size of cotton-balls falling from the sky. It was beautiful!! I haven't seen snow like this since I was little and I was so excited that my kids could see what real snow looks like. Unfortunatley, the school district didn't call off school. So, we played a little before school and I took the kids late...they don't ever get to see this. So, who cares if they were a little tardy.






We woke Maggie up so she could see snow for the first time (actually accumulating). She said, "Yeah...now we have to put our Christmas tree up so Santa can come and bring presents." She also wanted to wear her Christmas dress outside so she could iceskate....????
She and Daddy built her first snow-man...and It was a GREAT one! She had snow-ball fights with Momma and we taught her how to make a snow angel.










It was so magical.....but our other kids were missing out. How many times in their lives are they going to get to play in snow like this? These record-breaking snows are few and far between in Texas. We couldn't keep our kids away from the fun....so Byron went and picked them all up.
"This is the best day ever!!!" Caden said this about 50 times. And...In the eyes of a child...It was the best day ever.








4 comments:

Erin said...

how great. that does look like the best day ever. that is cool that they were tardy. it is few and far to get snow in texas. glad they got to experience snowmen and snow angels. So fun. happy snow to you guys.


and i love the picture of maggie in the last picture posted....awesome.

Wright said...

it was SUCH a great day, wasn't it!! I have taken so many pictures that I am afraid to blog - it's hard to choose which pics to use!
I love the photo of Caden on the ground with snowman in the back!!! My favorite!

Aleasha said...

i love it! so wish i could be there to enjoy it! your family is beautiful!

Jeff's BLOG said...

when's the hurricane supposed to hit? the weather in Texas is truly amazing.... you know, wait 5 minutes if you don't like the weather....