
It doesn't get better than this! Lucky?? Blessed?? Yes--both I think!
We started our cruise in Copenhagen, Denmark. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of the city. We arrived at 7:00 a.m. Denmark time--which was 11:00 p.m. at home...the night before. So, we missed our night of sleep we so desperately needed. Too exhausted to function, we got a hotel room for 3 hours so we could nap a little before we could board our ship. ....Next time, Copenhagen....
Welcome to the Regent Seven Seas Voyager! I've always been apprehensive about getting on a boat and launching out into the open seas. Something about that just didn't seem safe to me. Then when you get on the ship, they require you to do a safety drill. It was very entertaining to see all of these very well dressed people waiting out on the deck with their life-vests on. But, really, that didn't help with the anxiety of floating away from land....miles and miles away from land.
Then, all of a sudden (even though you knew that eventually you would), you're leaving the shore....and all of your fears go away. We really couldn't even tell that we were on a boat--except for a couple of times when you could see people trying to keep their balance--so we just remained seated.
Our state room was very big compared to other ships (I think.....we hear people complain all the time about how cruise ship rooms are tiny). When you walked in, it had a bathroom to the left with a bathtub AND a shower. Then, there was a walk-in closet with lots of room for all our clothes. We slept in a KING size bed every night. Our room also had a little living room with a couch and a table with chairs where we would have room service delivered atleast twice a day. We spent a lot of time on the balcony where we watched the sun set over the Baltic Sea....somewhere around midnight each night.
For the next few days, I'll be posting pictures and stories from each of the cities that we docked in from Visby, Sweden to Stockholm, Sweden and I'll try my best to tell you about each of the incredible places we were lucky enough to see.
See you tomorrow.
Friday, July 24, 2009
THE BALTIC SEA as we saw it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
What a tease you are! Can't wait to see more!
How beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I, however will have to enjoy the cruise ship thru your eyes, because I will NEVER get on one!
AWESOME! I've never wanted to take a cruise....until NOW! Lucky ducks! Love you guys! xo
Tammy I truly enjoyed seeing your pics!! I love the old architecture and that boat sounds awesome! George has the same feelings on boarding a ship, the whole idea just doesn't seem right to him... Can't wait to see more!!!
Post a Comment